This course provides an overview of the educational demands experienced by K-12 students with M/M disabilities in all settings. This course focuses on planning for instruction in two areas: written expression and mathematics. The course emphasizes learning strategies, study skills, and core vocabulary development as they relate to the IEP and accessing the general education curriculum. (NV TL: B VIII, X)
- Design evidence based instructional programs for M/M K-12 students in language arts and mathematics that facilitate access to the core curriculum.
- Develop evidence based curriculum and instruction to teach basic literacy skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) to K-12 students with M/M disabilities.
- Compose evidence based curriculum and instruction to teach reading to adolescent students with M/M disabilities.
- Formulate evidence based curriculum and instruction to teach writing skills to K-12 students with M/M disabilities.
- Design curriculum and instruction to teach mathematical computation, application, and problem solving skills to students with M/M disabilities.
- Utilize evidence based technology applications in the design of instruction for students with M/M disabilities.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education