The course provides research- based instruction to teach reading/language arts to students with disabilities. Candidates demonstrate their ability to deliver a program of systematic instruction in reading, writing, listening, and speaking aligned to the adopted curriculum. They administer a variety of reading/writing assessments to diagnose students’ reading/language arts abilities. (NV TL: B, VIII, X)
- Use evidence-based, multi-faceted methodologies and/or strategies in order to demonstrate proficiency in teaching and engaging students with disabilities who are English Language Learners and or ASL/English Language Learners.
- Assess students in a comprehensive manner within the breadth of the credential authorization.
- Use multiple sources of information to participate in progress monitoring and decision making regarding eligibility and standards.
- Apply skill in assessing students from diverse backgrounds with varying language, communication, and cognitive abilities.
- Use informal assessments for the purpose of making accommodations, modifications, and providing instruction and program improvement.
- Deliver systematic instruction in reading, writing, listening, and speaking, aligned to State English Language Arts standards and reading/language arts frameworks to students with disabilities and others with special needs, including those who have varied reading levels and language backgrounds.
- Integrate experiences in a classroom where reading and writing are taught.
- Apply knowledge of English language development in planning lessons for students who are English learners and have disabilities.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education