This course examines the use of formal and diagnostic assessments to determine strengths and weaknesses of students. Tests commonly used with students with Mild/moderates disabilities are administered and interpreted. Candidates will learn about selection, administration, and analysis of assessment instruments and to use the data to write a formal report, an IEP with goals and objectives, and to help prepare lesson plans. (NV TL: B V)
- Assess students in a comprehensive manner within breadth of the credential authorization.
- Use multiple sources of information to participate in progress monitoring and decision making regarding eligibility and standards.
- Apply skill in assessing students from diverse backgrounds with varying language, communication, and cognitive skills.
- Use informal assessments for the purpose of making accommodations, modifications, and providing instruction and program improvement.
- Use computer-based technology to manage data, including electronic IEP’s, evidence based computer assessments and data collection.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education