This course examines the principles of classroom management and student assessment. Best practices for classroom management, positive behavior support and the use of informal and formal assessments to plan for instruction are explored. (NV TL: B VII)
- Apply knowledge and skills needed to assess students in a comprehensive manner within breadth of credential authorization.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of assessment law and be able to apply that knowledge in selecting appropriate assessment materials for students from diverse backgrounds with varying language, communication, and cognitive skills.
- Use multiple sources of information in participating in progress monitoring and decision making regarding eligibility and standards.
- Use informal assessments for the purpose of making accommodations, modifications, and providing instruction and program improvement.
- Use evidence based, multifacted methodologies and/or strategies in order to demonstrate proficiency in teaching and engaging students with disabilities who are English Language Learners and/or ASL/English Language Learners.
- Implement systems that assess, plan and provide academic and social skill instruction to support positive behavior in all students including students with social-communication, behavioral and environmental needs.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education