Focus on the eight components for coordinated health for young children in out-of-home care. Health, physical education, health and nutrition services, health promotion for the staff, counseling and psychological services, a safe healthy environment, and family involvement, and community resources and personnel will be addressed. Attention will be directed towards children with special needs and challenging behaviors as well as legal and ethical issues in the field of early childhood.
- Describe eight components for coordinated early childhood health.
- Analyze proper hand washing and diaper changing techniques.
- Develop a menu for children age 6 months to 6 years.
- Describe measures to prevent the spread of infection.
- Identify special safety precautions for children from birth to age 6 both indoors and on the playground.
- Describe appropriate action in an emergency.
- Discuss how to promote mental health and health education for young children.
- Discuss the clinical health services needed for young children.
- Discuss the facility design and support services needed for safe, healthy child care.
- Analyze cases including child abuse and neglect, different illnesses and be able to describe the appropriate action.
- Analyze the implementation of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) in a child care facility.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education