Provides student with relevant strategies for younger (emphasis on communication) and older students (emphasis on inclusion & Life Skills). Interventions are taught according to success in environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of effects of medication on children with autism.
- Identify the impact of academic and social abilities, attitudes, interests, and values on instruction and career development on children with autism.
- Demonstrate understanding of effective management of teaching and learning for children with autism, including evidence-based theories and strategies, and technology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ways to create successful learning environments for students with autism, that allow individuals to retain and appreciate their own and each others’ respective language and cultural heritage.
- Demonstrate knowledge of augmentative, alternative, and assistive communication strategies for students with autism.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the theories and research that form the basis of curriculum development and instructional practice for students with autism, in respect to the scope and sequences of general and special curricula.
- Demonstrate knowledge of roles and responsibilities of the para-educator related to instruction, intervention, and direct service for students with autism.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.