Course focuses on empirical bases for assessment and treatment. Overview of ABA approach w/in overall treatment paradigm for autism. Includes schools, agencies & professionals in discussion.
- Describe the types of assessment procedures that yield information that is directly related to the design and evaluation of effective treatment programs students on the autism spectrum.
- Articulate the basic behavioral principles and procedures for improving the behavior of persons diagnosed as autistic.
- Describe the important aspects of determining what behavior management programs are effective for the individual child according to how (s)he fits within the autism spectrum disorder continuum.
- Describe strategies used to facilitate integration in the general classroom while incorporating behavior management programs with those on the autism spectrum.
- Describe strategies for crisis prevention and intervention used for students on the autism spectrum.
- Describe the qualifications and training necessary for support staff in teaching children on the autism spectrum.
- Describe legal issues apparent in the use of behavior management for those in public education and other public agencies in the treatment of those on the autism spectrum.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education