An overview of the etiologies and cultural differences related to hearing loss and the learner characteristics that impact the unique needs of deaf and hard-of-hearing learners including language and cognitive development, social growth and academic development. Comparison of service delivery models and interventions, including cochlear implants, for students ages birth through 22 will be made.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the etiologies of hearing loss, types of hearing loss, demographics of deaf and hard of hearing population
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of cultural differences related to hearing loss and parental options related to intervention, including cochlear implants.
- Demonstrate knowledge of typical language and cognitive development birth through adulthood
- Demonstrate knowledge of learning characteristics of students who are deaf or hard of hearing including language and cognitive development, social growth and academic development
- Analyze service delivery models, including those available in public school options, available to students who are deaf and hard of hearing ages birth through 22.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education