Students who have completed an appropriate master’s degree in counseling, social work or psychology related to education/clinical practice from this or another regionally-accredited institution can work toward a Pupil Personnel Services Credential with a School Psychology Specialization without receiving another master’s degree. Course equivalence cannot be granted for life experiences.
Throughout the pupil personnel services credential school psychology program, you’ll evaluate various methods of assessment in order to make data-based decisions, examine societal influences on academic and social behavior, and analyze how systemic school approaches can affect student outcomes.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze consultative/collaborative relationships with school staff, parents, and community agencies in support of student success.
- Appraise principles related to prevention in the context of their ability to improve services provided to students.
- Examine strategies related to family systems that support student success.
- Evaluate strategies that mitigate individual differences, abilities, disabilities, and other diverse characteristics in order to enhance services for students.
- Compare and contrast current research methodologies used in school psychology and related fields.
- Conduct research using relevant design, statistics, measurements, data analysis, and program evaluation methods to improve student outcomes.
- Interpret the ethical, legal, and professional standards necessary to engage in sound decision making.
- Design a crisis intervention plan that includes responses that address both individual and school-wide emergency concerns.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.