Make an impact and become a leader in the educational field by earning a Master of Science in Education Administration with Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Option (California Option). This program is designed for professionals who are committed to improving education and who are interested in becoming school site or district administrators.
Throughout the program, you’ll learn to build a culture of collaboration that brings together families and community members, responds to diverse interests and needs, and mobilizes resources. You’ll also explore and analyze the organization, operations, and resources necessary to foster safe, efficient, and effective learning environment and discover professional and personal ethics necessary for leading schools and for school systems.
This master’s degree program can be completed with or without a preliminary credential option for those pursuing a career in the nonpublic education sector.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze the process for creating, stewarding, and communicating a shared vision that includes school-wide goals for improving teaching and learning.
- Examine the role of the instructional leader in the context of the stewardship of effective instructional practices.
- Examine the role of the instructional leader in the context of curriculum development, implementation, and assessment.
- Analyze the collaborative, ongoing processes of data-based school growth plans.
- Critiques systems for the provision of professional growth opportunities for school teachers, staff, and administrators.
- Examine the complex Interaction of all of a school’s systems to promote teaching and learning.
- Analyze ways in which a school can engage their communities to promote the shared vision.
- Examine a topic related to educational leadership through the lens of a researcher.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.