This course is a supervised experience culminating in the completion of a thesis. The student prepares a research proposal, obtains Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval, conducts the study and prepares the written thesis. This class is scheduled for 2 months, meets once a week and at the end of that time a grade of ‘IP’ will be posted then the maximum length of time is 10 additional months. Grading is H, S, or U only.
- Define a specific research problem clearly and concisely.
- Conduct a comprehensive literature review related to the research problem.
- Establish a specific research design or model which will drive data collection.
- Collect sources of data/information that address the research problem.
- Relate the collected data/information to the research problem.
- Specify timelines and key milestones for completion of the research.
- Follow the guidelines for writing research papers specified by the most current version of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
- Submit a thesis approved by his/her committee.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education