Applied Behavior Analysis is a scientific based method of understanding human behavior and using that understanding to change socially significant behaviors. This course provides an overview of the major components – philosophical as well as applied – of Applied Behavior Analysis, including assessment and intervention design.
- Define characteristics of behaviorism and of applied behavior analysis per Baer, Wolf & Risley, 1968.
- Understand behavioral principles and procedures for increasing behavior.
- Understand principles and procedures for reducing behavior.
- Understand behavioral principles and procedures for promoting the generation, generalization, and maintenance of behavior.
- Understand the methods involved in conducting functional assessments and functional analyses.
- Design and carry out a single-subject research design procedure.
- Understand the various philosophies of behaviorism and the role of private events in each.
- Understand the functionalist (vs. structuralist) approach to behavior change within an ‘outcomes based’ context.
- Understand the current status and future directions of school-based behavioral interventions.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education