This course will provide knowledge and skills required to generate and evaluate research relevant to School Psychology. School Psychology candidates prepare a research proposal, obtain appropriate approval, conduct the study and prepare an oral and written report. Maximum length of time is 12 months. Grading is by H, S, or U only. Course is eligible for an ‘IP’ grade.
- Investigate an educational problem using the sound educational research strategies and practice.
- Interpret research-based educational literature for the purpose of writing a review of the literature associated with a selected topic of interest to school psychology practices
- Implement a research project related to a relevant topic in school psychology
- Evaluate data from a research intervention
- Develop a written manuscript of each step of the action research project.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education