Overview of resource management in a charter school. Resources that will be discussed are time, personnel, facilities, and financial. How to plan for the best use of the resources available. Content learned in EDA 618, 619, and 626 will be expanded in this course and applied to charter schools.
- Prepare a multi-year plan that demonstrates how resources will be utilized and allocated in a charter school.
- Develop a Memorandum of Understanding that would be established between a charter school and its sponsoring agency, including administrative fees and charge backs.
- Design a plan for the acquisition and use of facilities, including: SB 740, zoning, and ADA requirements.
- Develop a recruitment and retention program for employees that demonstrates the best practices in human resource management and demonstrates a sensitivity to cultural pluralism, economic and social diversity, and the demographics of the Charter School.
- Design a program that meets the requirements for documentation and building a personnel file regarding employee discipline and termination in a Charter School setting.
- Compare and contrast the education code requirements of a charter school compared to a public school.
- Design a professional development program for the employees in the charter school.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education