This course examines ethical school leadership through the lens of educational and leadership philosophies. Candidates will create a working philosophy that will guide their practice. Nevada only.
- Examine the role of instructional leader and curriculum designer including values and ethics in a school’s mission statement.
- Analyze the multiple perspectives and philosophies of ethical behaviors within diverse cultures.
- Analyze the impact of ethical theories and philosophies of leadership on a school setting.
- Develop a personal educational philosophy reflecting ethical values related to educational leadership.
- Examine ethical decision-making techniques to real life scenarios from school districts and other educational organizations.
- Design a school or department that reflects a personal educational philosophy including the attributes of ethical leadership qualities, change, research, community and diversity.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education