This course provides a theoretical and practical framework for supervising and evaluating instruction while modeling a personal code of ethics and developing professional leadership capacity. A variety of theoretical perspectives and skills for engaging in the practice of supervision of instruction, curriculum assessment, program quality, and standards-based instruction are presented. Emphasis is on instructional leadership that models personal and professional ethics, integrity, justice, and fairness, while expecting the same behaviors from others. Candidates focus on demonstrating skills in decision-making, problem solving, change management, planning, conflict management, and evaluation. Nevada only.
- Evaluate the personal and professional ethics, integrity, justice, and fairness that lead others to higher levels of performance, commitment, and motivation.
- Examine decision-making models based upon relevant data and research about effective teaching and learning, leadership, management practices, and equity.
- Appraise standards-based curriculum and their ability to integrate and articulate programs throughout the grades.
- Analyze strategies for problem solving, change management, planning, conflict management, and evaluation.
- Examine curriculum and instruction in terms of models of teaching, instructional strategies, assessment, and classroom management, in the context of continual evaluation to promote positive change in the instructional program.
- Examine personal and professional development opportunities in the area of educational leadership.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education