Provides the knowledge, skills, and protocols to generate and evaluate research relevant to various areas of professional education. Students produce a major action research and writing project focused on the practical needs of educators who wish to join the larger professional community in their field of specialty. This class is scheduled for two months one day a week and at the end of that time a grade of ‘IP’ will be posted then the maximum length of time is 10 additional months. Class size is 10. Grading is H, S, or U only. Course is eligible for In Progress (IP) grade.
- Identify, interpret, analyze, and synthesize research-based educational literature for the purpose of writing a review of the literature associated with a selected topic of interest to school administration.
- Identify an educational problem which needs to be addressed and which may be solved via an action research project.
- Design and implement an action research project related to the selected topic.
- Produce and present a thorough written report of the action research.
- Demonstrate strong writing skills and structural content, appropriately using current American Psychological Association format.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.