Supervised application of theoretical concepts in practical settings. Candidates complete a portfolio of administrative activities demonstrating competency in areas identified in the California Professional Standards for Educational Leaders as sanctioned by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing for awarding of the preliminary administrative services credential. Stresses day-to day administrative functions as well as policy analysis and implementation. This course may be taken concurrently with another class or scheduled in an open month. This course takes 3-12 months to complete. It must be completed within 12 months of being scheduled. This course must be completed in residence. All students pursuing a Preliminary Administrative Services Credential, unless approved for the Intern program, must complete EDA 620B.Grading is by S or U only. Course is eligible for an IP grade.
- Create a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community.
- Develop a school culture conducive to student learning and staff professional growth.
- Analyze the organization, operations, and resources necessary to foster a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- Design a system of collaboration that includes families and community members, and responds to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizes community resources.
- Evaluate aspects of professional and personal ethics that are conducive to leading a school or school system.
- Analyze the larger political, social, economic, legal and cultural context that impacts a school or school district.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education