Builds a broad understanding of the Educational Administration program and its requirements, facilitates a permanent advisory relationship between faculty and students, and examines the role of the professional administrator and opportunities for advancement in the field. Must be the students first class (may be taken concurrently with another course). Grading is by S or U only.
- General student writing requirements for National University and the Department of Educational Administration.
- The qualities needed for educational leadership.
- The differences and similarities between Action Research and the Master’s Thesis.
- The Field Experience process.
- The exit exam process and its oral component, and how to maximize their chances for success in the administrative hiring process.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education