Students will review the knowledge, skills, and standards of the graduate program in counseling in final preparation for their employment as professional counselors. Leadership opportunities within the counseling role are identified and developed. Students will prepare for the ETS Praxis examination, complete their program portfolios, and present their school project as part of this course. Grading is by H, S, or U only.
- Demonstrate the inter-relationships among the content areas of the school counseling field.
- Demonstrate a professional level of verbal communication, including but not limited to verbal presentations, case presentations, group interaction, peer review, and group problem solving.
- Assess a site-based work problem/issue/concern and articulate comprehensive, systemic, and culturally responsible solutions.
- Exhibit professional identity by self-assessing professional knowledge, skills, and dispositions and create personal growth plan.
- Demonstrate leadership skills necessary to implement and evaluate an effective guidance program and counseling services to meet needs of a diverse school community.
- Demonstrate preparedness for entering the school counseling profession.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education