Introduction to professional, ethical, legal, theoretical, and practical aspects of School Psychology. School Psychology candidates will examine the roles and responsibilities of school psychologists, professional organizations, and associations. Historical and social context along with emerging professional issues and directions are included. National Standards and ethical guidelines for practice are examined.
- Analyze the ethical codes of the National Association of School Psychologists and other professional organizations.
- Interpret state and federal laws, cases, principles and issues related to the provision of school psychological services.
- Appraise key aspects of the history of school psychology and their impact on current and the future of the profession.
- Evaluate laws pertaining to professional records, privileged communication and due process.
- Assess various processes of ethical decision making.
- Summarizes the importance of developing competence in providing services to culturally diverse clientele.
- Compare the relationship of the profession of school psychology with various roles in a school system.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.