Explores the theories and analysis of brain function, structure, and brain behavior relationships.
- Describe the principles of Neuropsychology.
- Identify specific Neuroanatomy structures.
- Summarize main functions of each Neuranatomy structure.
- Describe the interaction between cognitive, emotional and behavioral deficits seen in neuropsychological dysfunctions.
- Understand how the environment can influence brain development and differentiation.
- Summarize the effects of early brain lesions/dysfunction on learning, memory, sensation, and emotions.
- Explain the different role of the right and left hemisphere in emotional processing.
- Define and describe various neurological disorders, especially the neuropsychological sequel following childhood head injuries.
- Discuss approaches to neuropsychological assessment and referral decisions.
- Identify key factors related to optimal brain development enhanced abilities.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.