Theoretical and practical exploration of curriculum, instruction and accountability. The course will explore issues that have the potential to influence the planning,implementation and evaluation of curriculum and learning. Nevada, only.
- Develop a culture in which high expectations are the norm for each student as evident in rigorous academic work.
- Examine strategies necessary to foster equity, fairness, and respect among all members of the school community.
- Design a variety of appropriate content-based learning materials and learning strategies that recognize students as active learners, value reflection and inquiry, emphasize the quality versus the amount of student application and performance, and utilize appropriate and effective technology.
- Create plans that establish long-term professional development of all staff consistent with the ongoing effort to improve the learning of all students relative to the content standards.
- Examine the strategies necessary for all members of the school community to develop and use skills in collaboration, distributed leadership, and shared responsibility.
- Create an accountability system grounded in standards-based teaching and learning through the analysis of relevant data.
- Evaluate student learning using multiple assessments in an ongoing process focused on improving the academic performance of each student.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.