Introductory course in educational law and ethics. Examination of education law, codes, case law, and regulations and their school level applications. Focus on areas of school law likely to be used by beginning school administrators. Nevada, only.
- Propose collaboration with the governing board and district and local leaders to influence policies that benefit students and support the improvement of teaching and learning.
- Analyze public policies that ensure the equitable distribution of resources and support for all subgroups of students.
- Evaluate school operations to ensure that they are consistently within the parameters of federal, state, and local laws, policies, regulations, and statutory requirements.
- Generate support for the school by two-way communication with key decision-makers in the school community.
- Create accurate records of school performance.
- Analyze the effects of leadership has in a team setting.
- Create a school environment that facilitate constructive conversations about how to improve student learning and achievement.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.