This is an introductory course in educational law and ethics which examines education law, codes, and regulations and their school level applications. The focus is on areas of school law most likely to be used by beginning school administrators. Students are expected to complete all assigned readings. Because this course is part of a sequence leading toward a recommendation for the preliminary administrative services credential, it is understood that an honor system prevails and that all class work will be completed solely by the student.
- Develop a plan for collaboration with the governing board, district and local leaders to influence policies that benefit students and support the improvement of teaching and learning.
- Analyze public policies that ensure the equitable distribution of resources and support for all subgroups of students.
- Evaluate school operations to ensure that they are consistently within the parameters of federal, state, and local laws, policies, regulations, and statutory requirements.
- Examine the supervision of students in navigating safely and ethically in the digital world in order to prepare them for job opportunities and success in the global economy.
- Generate support for the school by two-way communication with key decision-makers in the school community including proper public speaking and presentation skills.
- Create accurate records of school performance utilizing digital resources.
- Analyze the effects of leadership on a team setting.
4.5 quarter units
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.