Mgmt for Teaching/Learni
Mgmt for Teaching/Learni
Managing operations and resources to ensure a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment that enhances student achievement. For candidates in Santa Clara County Office/NU joint program only.
- Explain the relationship between norm-referenced and criterion referenced tests, between state-mandated and local assessments, and systematic formative and summative assessments.
- Analyze and demonstrate curriculum and instruction in terms of models of teaching, instructional strategies, assessment, and classroom organization and management, and using techniques such as clinical supervision.
- Apply the process of change in building an effective instructional program.
- Use data and technological applications, to design, develop, implement, manage, support, and evaluate strategies to improve student achievement.
- Use data and technological applications, to design, develop, implement, manage, support, evaluate, and improve instructional programs and to drive staff professional development.
- Apply the roles of administrators/ managers in group processes.
- Differentiate between short and long range planning needs led by a vision of learning by participating in a strategic planning process.
- Demonstrate and apply effective leadership communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of education codes/regulations, school board policies, court decisions, and relevant case law.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of ethical school and district financial leadership and management.
- Apply fiscal aspects of collective bargaining, special education, and categorical funding.
- Develop skills in interviewing and career goal setting.
- Demonstrate the legal framework in which school districts operate and the legal issues faced by school administrators.
- Apply case law to issues faced by practicing school administrators (i.e. pupil and parent rights, school attendance, suspension and expulsion, search and seizure, student records, personnel certification, employment and tenure, employee dismissal, employee/employer relations, sexual harassment, contract administration, school hours, curriculum, mandates, discipline, civil rights, desegregation, anti-discrimination, language mandates, liability, special education and religion).
- Understand the organized management of coordinating and equitably aligning fiscal, human and material resources with the school planning process in supporting learning for all students and all groups of students.
- Examine and analyze management with respect to establishing, implementing and maintaining student behavior management systems that demonstrate adherence to equity, legal and policy requirements.
- Manage the organization, operations and resources for a safe, efficient and effective learning environment.
- Apply theoretical and practical roles aspects of organizational development within a school or school district.
- Develop skills to contribute to a school environment committed to improving teaching for all staff and learning for all students.
- Manage and apply legal and contractual agreements and records to foster a professional work environment and secure the privacy and confidentiality of all students, families and staff, including then respective roles.
- Monitor budgets that include expenditure control, interim budget reports, encumbrances, student body accounts, and audits.
- Identify school and school district funding sources, facility needs, and operating costs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fiscal aspects of facilities management, food services, and transportation services.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.