Organizational development, mobilization of human and fiscal resources, restructuring, building a school environment that embraces diversity. Administrative tasks in schools and school districts. Schools as political systems focusing on the improvement of instruction. Knowledge drawn from other preliminary administrative services credential courses and from direct, practical experience.
- Identify institutional needs for addressing diversity, ethics, contemporary educational issues, and schools as political systems.
- Apply theoretical and practical roles aspects of organizational development within a school or school district.
- Develop skills to contribute to a school environment committed to improving teaching for all staff and learning for all students.
- Identify school and school district funding sources, facility needs, and operating costs.
- Use technology positively to influence instructional improvement through data analysis.
- Develop skills in interviewing and career goal setting.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.