School Psych Internship II
School Psych Internship II
Students will review the knowledge, skills, and standards of the graduate program in school psychology in final preparation for their employment as professional school psychologists. Student will prepare for the ETS Praxis examination, complete their program portfolios, and present their school project as part of this course. Grading is H, S, or U only.
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied models and methods of assessment as part of a systematic process to collect data and other information, translate assessment results into empirically-based decisions about service delivery, and evaluate the outcomes of services.
- Apply knowledge of behavioral, mental health, collaborative, and/or other consultation models and methods and their application to particular situations.
- Utilize in their daily professional duties, knowledge of human learning and developmental processes, techniques to assess these processes, and direct and indirect services applicable to the development of cognitive, academic, behavioral, affective, adaptive, and social skills.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to individual differences, abilities/disabilities and of the potential influence of biological, social, cultural, ethnic, experiential, socioeconomic, gender-related, and linguistic factors in development and learning.
- Work with individuals and groups to facilitate policies and practices that create and maintain safe, supportive, and effective learning environments for children and others.
- Facilitate family systems, including family strengths and influences of student development, learning, and behavior, and of methods to involve families in education and service delivery.
- Evaluate research, translate research into practice, and understand research design and statistics in sufficient depth to plan and conduct investigations and program evaluations for improvement of services.
- Practice in ways that are consistent with applicable standards, are involved in their profession, and have the knowledge and skills needed to acquire career-long professional development.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.