Practice in administration, interpretation and communication of results from the assessment of cognitive abilities. Emphasis is placed on interviewing, behavioral observation, interpretation, and integrating results into case studies, as well as implementing interventions and evaluating outcomes.
- Examine the historical events that have contributed to the development of cognitive assessment relative to theories, measurements and applications.
- Distinguish the appropriate uses of basic statistical concepts and procedures, such as reliability, validity and correlations.
- Analyze the value of a test by examining the manual’s presentation of its technical and interpretive development
- Analyze the appropriate administration of the WISC-IV resourcefully and professionally.
- Analyze individual assessment data and develop appropriate worded reports for lay and professional audiences.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the WISC-IV.
- Analyze testing results as they relate to the Discrepancy Model
- Appraise recent research in assessment
- Discriminate between the various sections of a psycho-educational report.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.