Advanced Social Psychology
Focuses on how individuals are affected by, an in turn affect social processes. Topics include social cognition; social influences on beliefs, attitudes, attributions and identity; conformity, obedience and persuasion; culture and gender; small group influences and processes; stereotyping, prejudice, conflict, aggression and genocide; interpersonal attraction and love.
- Demonstrate an understanding of theory and supporting research related to attitude/behavior relationships; persuasion; conformity; obedience; aggression; pro-social behavior; prejudice, stereotyping; and discrimination and group influences (NASP/PLO #5 via Objective Multiple Choice Final Exam).
- Understand the strengths and limitations of a QUALITATIVE research study related to social psychological theories (PLO/NASP #9 via Research Article Review).
- Understand the strengths and limitations of a QUANTITATIVE research study related to social psychological theories (PLO/NASP #9 via Research Article Review).
- Present at least three major social-psychological theories, related concepts and relevant research to peer group, along with examples and relevancy to School Psychology (PLO/NASP #2 via Class Presentation).
- Demonstrate ability to utilize a variety of technology persuasively in presentations to peers, such as Power-Points, video streaming, supplementary software and other audio-visual aids (PLO/NASP #11 via Class Presentation).
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.