This course provides a general examination of current career development/ career education literature including theories and major concepts, career education programs and practices, resource materials, academic and career counseling skills, and the use of computerized career information systems. Practicum experience is required.
- Articulate occupational and career educational trends, information and theories without limitation of cultural bias.
- Implement appropriate types of career assessment procedures and relevant to career planning and decision making and articulate the limitation of testing as it applies to career counseling.
- Analyze educational requirements for various future life choices develop guidance plan for implementation.
- Encourage the development of individual potentialities and competencies and diminish cultural and gender prejudices as it pertains to the world of work.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and evaluate the appropriateness of research and evaluation techniques based on an analysis of recent literature and current practices in career counseling.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.