This course will focus on the designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating of a contemporary school counseling program in accordance with the National Standards. Foundations of school counseling programs are covered, as are results based guidance. Finally, students will learn the leadership skills necessary to implement the program and counseling services to meet the needs of the community they are servicing. Practicum experience is required.
- Justify the effectiveness of using data-based-decisions in developing, implementing, managing, and evaluating a comprehensive guidance program based on the ASCA National Model.
- Analyze and present data to share program outcomes and student achievement using technology.
- Compare the activities of a practicing professional school counselor to the recommendations of ASCA with recommendation for data based change towards a comprehensive guidance program.
- Synthesize empirical evidence to support a comprehensive guidance and counseling program and student learning.
- Evaluate a site-based guidance and counseling program that serves a diverse student population measuring the effectiveness of the program and the impact on student learning.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.