Positive Behav Inter/Support
This course provides candidates with effective behavioral management strategies in a comprehensive K-12 school setting. The focus is on the development and implementation of positive behavioral intervention supports (PBIS). Effective positive behavioral approaches for both individual students as well as small groups of students are addressed. The course provides students with the knowledge to assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of a Functional Behavioral Analysis, Behavior Intervention Plan, and Individual Education Plan.
- Examine strategies to increase desired behavior and decrease maladaptive behavior in the classroom, and on the playground.
- Develop interventions to increase desired behavior and decrease maladaptive behavior
- Analyze various teaching methods to increase generalization of behavior, and individualized skills.
- Analyze various means of data collection for academic and behavior concerns using simplified means of data collection appropriate for a classroom.
- Integrate all data collected through a Functional Behavioral Analysis (FBA) and Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP).
- Develop behavioral interventions on an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP).
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.