Introduction to the philosophy of behaviorism and the basic tenets of applied behavior analysis. Focuses on behavioral assessment and observation, and time series research design and its use in the scientific evaluation of behavior-environment relations. Students are required to purchase a one year subscription to the CBA Learning Module Series from Behavior Development Solutions (BDS). See Program Description for more details.
- Compare and contrast the various single subject designs with respect to the types of research questions for which they are appropriate and their control of extraneous variables.
- Evaluate the various components of a single-subject research design.
- Compare and contrast the basic conceptual tenets of Skinnerian behaviorism with non-behavioral approaches
- Analyze functional behaviors in the same response class such that they are amenable to systematic behavioral observation.
- Synthesize times series graphs constructed by the student using computer software (e.g., Excel).
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.