An analysis of marketing communications from business, social, economic, and political perspectives, this course provides an in-depth discussion of advertising and promotion as key tools in marketing new and established products. It examines advertising planning and management, research, creative development, media selection, direct response, and advertising agencies. Emphasis is on new media technologies and the growing use of alternative media in communicating with selected publics.
- Describe the model of the IMC planning process and examine the steps in developing a Marketing communications program.
- Evaluate and analyze the promotional function and the growing importance of advertising and other promotional elements in the marketing programs of domestic and foreign companies.
- Understand the role consumer behavior plays in the development and implementation of advertising and promotional programs.
- Identify the role of market segmentation and its use in an integrated marketing communications program.
- Identify the various perspectives concerning the social, ethical, and economic aspects of advertising and promotion.
- Understand how to assess the effectiveness of communications through the Internet.
- Evaluate and analyze the alternative methods for measuring promotional program effectiveness.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management