This course provides an introduction to the connection between individual performance and organizational achievement. Topics include aligning individual objectives with organizational objectives, motivation, performance appraisal, coaching, and rewarding successful performance.
- Contrast expectations of performance that reflect different countries and cultures.
- Evaluate the performance management processes that are common in different countries and cultures.
- Determine individual and group objectives necessary to achieve organizational objectives.
- Build the process for communicating expectations to individuals and groups.
- Specify the qualitative and quantitative means for assessing performance.
- Propose appropriate reward systems to support the achievement of the desired outcomes.
- Design a process for holding individuals and groups accountable for their performance levels.
- Evaluate the ethical issues associated with specific performance management decisions.
Why Choose National University?
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management