A thorough exercise in strategic decision-making at the functional and corporate levels. Students make strategic choices on key marketing, finance, accounting, human resources and operations management issues, and deal with the effect of changes in the economic and political environment on consumer demand, the exchange rate and tariffs. They take corrective action after each round, evaluating results in terms of a cumulative balanced scorecard.
- Use market data and competitive signals to adjust the strategic plan and to refocus business tactics.
- Define strategic thrusts and strategy-tactics links at the functional and corporate levels
- Assess the quantitative and qualitative impact of specific strategic decisions on functional-area and corporate objectives.
- Allocate scarce resources among competing strategic activities such as R&D, manufacturing, quality improvement, advertising, and distribution, hiring of employees, etc. so as to optimize balanced-scorecard performance.
- Adjust strategy and tactics in response to financial performance, competitive tactics, and customer needs, and take necessary corrective actions.
- Develop strategic planning and execution skills within a rapidly changing environment.
All Module I courses must be completed before taking MGT652, Business Simulation. MGT652, Business Simulation, is a Module II course.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management