In the quest for sustainable global competitive advantage companies have finally come to realize that technology alone is not what sustains knowledge. Knowledge lies in your company’s people, processes, and experience. The student will learn the process of conducting knowledge audits, knowledge analysis, and how to fill any knowledge gaps found through exploration and exploitation. The ability to identify tacit and explicit knowledge assets within an organization is related to how to capture knowledge, how to transfer it, how to share it, and how to manage it. BKM 400 provides the student with practical guidance on linking knowledge management to business strategy rather than approaching KM from a technically biased perspective.
- Discuss the need to align KM strategies with business strategies.
- Identify and discuss knowledge mapping, and filling knowledge gaps.
- Build a foundation of KM infrastructure that can evolve through results-driven, incremental steps.
- Identify methods to mobilize your organization’s subtle, "tacit" knowledge within a global enterprise.
- Articulate how business information systems process data into information through the use of tools such as data warehousing, data mining, and then using knowledge management translates the results into the needed wisdom to sustain a competitive advantage.
- Identify tacit and explicit knowledge and other key intangible assets and conduct a knowledge audit and analysis.
- List the ethical, legal, and managerial issues in knowledge management.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management