Dr. Steven Walker
Dr. Steven M. Walker holds a Ph.D. in Leadership Studies from Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington. His primary interests have been in crisis leadership, leadership for sustainability, complex adaptive leadership, and leadership during economic recessions. His dissertation research was on the Great Recession of 2008 and, as a breaking point in the economic system, its impact on the psyche and behavior of organizational leaders. Dr. Walker currently resides in San Diego, California with his son where they enjoy surfing and hiking in their spare time.
- Walker, S.M., Earnhardt, M.P., Newcomer, J., Marion, J., Tomlinson, J.. (2016). Crisis leadership during the great recession of 2008. International Journal of Leadership and Change, 4(1): .
- Walker, S. (2015). Sustaining organizations in the midst of chaos: Using the interconnected nature of systems to effectively respond to crisis. Graziadio Business Review, 18(1): .
- Walker, S. (2013). Systems thinking and sustainability: A phenomenological study of the 2008 recession. Systems Thinking World Journal: Reflection in Action, 2(3): .
- Walker, S. (2018). Futures thinking: Strategy used by trust bank to survive economic collapse during the great recession of 2008. Managing rapid change in technology, globalization and workforce diversity: Using foresight and organizational policy to ensure futures thinking.
- Walker, S. (2018). Oil and Water: Comparing Three Authentic Leadership Theories. International Leadership Association.
- Walker, S. (2018). Leading Successful Implementation of New Technology in Organizations. International Leadership Association.
- Walker, S. (2018). Generating Collaborative Solutions using Complex Adaptive Leadership. International Leadership Conference: Next Generation Leadership.
- Walker, S. (2017). Complex Adaptive Leadership: A Unified Theory. International Leadership Association.
- Walker, S. (2016). A New Approach to Leadership in an Age of Information: Complex Adaptive Leadership. International Leadership Association.
- Walker, S. (2015). Crisis Leadership During the Great Recession of 2008. International Leadership Association.
- Walker, S. (2014). Leading Through Crisis: Seven Collective Experiences of the 2008 Recession. International Leadership Association.