SCD 699 Integrative Seminar Prerequisites: completion of two SCD courses Content of previous courses integrated into a seminar format in order to promote dialogue and critical analysis of community issues. Appropriate topics and issues related to social transformation and community development analyzed. Students discuss how they will apply knowledge and skills learned in the program in their future professional experiences. Students will create dialogue, identify and frame complex issues and apply critical thinking to examples. Grading is H, S, or U only.
- Apply research findings to develop a paper describing an applied development initiative (SCD 610 and SDC 650).
- Synthesize course work and experiences in the program to participate in a graduate seminar.
- Evaluate cases and papers in a constructive feedback process.
- Apply feedback to refine paper and project.
- Evaluate and assess important aspects of social transformation and community development, such as quality of life and social indicators, demographic trends, and the success/failure of initiatives and use the assessment for project improvement.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management