The course overviews how, why, and when to integrate the behavioral sciences with human resource management principles to increase individual and organizational effectiveness. Students will analyze, evaluate, and design relevant theories as they relate to practical application in the workplace.
- Identify the various theories used to describe organizational design, structure, culture and effectiveness.
- Describe a variety of theories of organizational development and be able to apply them appropriately to workplace situations.
- Analyze the impact of change, culture, diversity and technology on individuals and organizations.
- Analyze the concepts of complexity, formalization, and centralization in relation to organizational design, size and effectiveness.
- Comprehend the importance of communication and training in the establishment and maintenance of performance management systems.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of various theories and strategies for organizational change, leadership and management of human resources.
- Assess impact of leadership decision-making and support on the organizational change process at three levels – individual employee situations, group situations and at the organizational level.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management