An introduction to the impact that individuals, groups, and structure have on behavior within organizations for the purpose of applying such knowledge toward improving an organizations effectiveness. The course will focus on work-related behavior with an emphasis on individual and group performance as it relates to organizational productivity and processes. A central theme will be the development of ‘people’ skills to help all employees- staff, front-line supervision, and management- improve their effectiveness.
- Identify, describe and integrate major concepts of organizational behavior.
- Identify and apply concepts to real-work problems and issues within organizations.
- Define individual and group theories as related to motivation and performance.
- Describe and apply skills that create a collaborative learning environment and teamwork.
- Define principles of organizational communication and its impact on workplace productivity.
- Identify the performance management function within the context of human resource management in organizations.
- Describe a variety of theories of motivation and be able to apply them appropriately to workplace situations.
- Apply concepts about performance management to individual employee situations to group situations and to organizations.
- Describe the relationships between job satisfaction, organizational culture, and other workplace variables.
- Apply a variety of strategies for improving workplace productivity and performance.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management