Working in teams or as individuals under the guidance of their assigned faculty advisor, students clarify research topics and identify scholarly sources from which data is gathered in preparation for the project. Students then gather data and present their research in both written and oral form to the client organization, if applicable, and to other students and faculty. Students may choose to prepare a project as described in the Leadership Project Handbook. Grading is H, S, or U only.
- Develop a research situation and question, and design the relevant methodology which will answer the question or solve the problem.
- Integrate the sum of the student’s learning of leadership theory and practice as related to the research situation.
- Create a grammatically correct, written, master level capstone paper using APA format, current edition. This project will demonstrate clear sequencing of topics, organization, adherence to APA style, and present correct writing style (grammar, style, punctuation, vocabulary, and spelling).
- Utilize ethical frameworks to assess potential impact of leadership strategies.
- Employ technology in researching and presenting written communications.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management