Effective conflict resolution, bargaining and negotiation are addressed in this course as methods for improving the organizational effectiveness in the long term. A special focus will be placed upon creation of win-win solutions to real life organizational situations. Conflict will be examined as both a necessary and challenging workplace phenomena.
- Compare and contrast different methods of negotiation available to leaders.
- Identify and evaluate the leadership styles that are most effective for various types of negotiation.
- Identify potential types of conflict resolution and their possible impacts on leaders, groups, team and organizations.
- Define the differences in potential outcomes in real life situations between win-lose, lose-lose, and win-win solutions.
- Evaluate ethical concerns of leadership approaches to negotiation and conflict.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major leadership concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use online resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management