Examination of core issues in the practice of leadership. Identification of differing theories and styles of collaborative, integrative organizational leadership and comparison to authoritarian or management by edit within the organizational context.
- Compare and contrast basic theories of leadership.
- Differentiate between formal and informal authority, power and leadership.
- Define a personal leadership style and approach.
- Explain the components of the learning organization, and how to create a community of leadership.
- Apply leadership strategies in organizational settings.
- Evaluate ethical concerns in exercising leadership.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major leadership concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management