Introduction to the wide spectrum of legal concerns that human resource managers face in the workplace. Emphasis on employment discrimination laws as they relate to the employer-employee relationship. EEO methods of liability prevention are examined. Integrated into the course are aspects of ethical considerations for HR managers.
- Identify the various sources of law governing employment discrimination issues.
- Describe historical developments of employment laws.
- Discuss potential workplace issues that would invoke legal protections in connection with employer-employee relationships.
- Discuss the importance of ethical conduct in employment relations in creating productive work environments.
- Describe the impact of cultural differences in a diverse workforce.
- Identify and describe methods for consideration of employment laws in the management of employees to enable employers to remain in compliance with workplace laws.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management