Introductory overview of basic human resource management activities. Various functions of human resource management are explored including planning, staffing, training, compensation, motivation, employee development, benefits, performance evaluation, discipline, health and safety issues, employer-employee relationships, and compliance with employment laws.
- Comprehend the various human resource functions.
- Identify and describe three methods of selecting employees.
- Describe five methods of appraising employees.
- Discuss key issues in the motivation and compensation of employees.
- Explain the rationale of developing workplace health and safety programs and identify the elements of a successful program.
- Recognize common concerns surrounding employment law issues in the workplace.
- Discuss human resource assessment as it relates to the mission of an organization.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management