This course is designed to discuss the importance of cultural awareness and sensitivity in effective human resources management practices in the hospitality industry. The course examines the increasing cultural diversity found in both the consumer and employee populations and how managers can address different cultural needs of the relevant populations.
- Evaluate the importance of diverse populations of tourism customers and how to meet their particular needs.
- Analyze and evaluate the influences of multiculturalism on the international tourism business environment.
- Recognize and value the cultural diversity of employees and customers within an international environment.
- Analyze the potential impact of cross-cultural interaction in modern hospitality and casino management.
- Evaluate ethical issues concerning diversity in the hospitality and casino industries.
- Demonstrate a clear concept of diversity issues in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management