Examination of the application of the traditional marketing functions to the areas of the hospitality and casino industries. Students will develop the fundamental skills required in the use of marketing tools.
- Define the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Explain the principal factors influencing growth of the industry.
- Identify key trends driving change in employment opportunities in the hospitality industry.
- Explain how hospitality service companies are responding to changes in the labor force.
- Compare and contrast lodging, food service, travel, tourism, attractions, recreation, and gaming establishments.
- Synthesize the use of on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management