This course is an examination of casino operations including the basic mathematics of probability, expected value, and the house percentages. Based on the Minimum Internal Control System (MICS) negotiated through the compact and the Indian Gaming Regulation Act (IGRA) the course will review compliance issues in table games and video/slot operations as well as all areas related to rules and gaming procedures and examines concepts to protect game integrity, tribal assets and establish internal controls. Methods of scam detection and internal control systems employed by the casino will be illustrated.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the law, the court system and procedure as they pertain to hospitality and casino concerns.
- Recognize and evaluate the legal ramifications of policies and practices in the hospitality and casino industries.
- Identify potential legal problems and formulate preventive measures to limit or prevent liability within the hospitality and casino environment.
- Analyze current and emerging legal trends of concern to the hospitality industry.
- Evaluate ethical concerns in law in the hospitality and casino industries.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major hospitality law concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
- Calculate basic theoretical wins of table games probability and Slot machine probability.
- Communicate the differences between IGRA legislation, Gaming Regulations of the Federal Register and the Tribal MICS.
- Develop and write basic policies and procedures.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management